9 Christmas Movies I Watch Every Year
Thanksgiving is now over. It’s time to cuddle up on the couch with some hot chocolate in the glow of the Christmas tree lights and watch your all-time favorite Christmas movies! This is my list in order, favorites first! Feel free to disagree.
1. Christmas Vacation – Now, I love all of the Griswald Vacation movies, but this one is perfect. The families are driving each other crazy and of course Clark is trying to make it an over-the-top, perfect holiday and ends up freaking out by the end of the movie.
2. The Santa Clause 1 – I really like the beginning of this movie when Scott is failing at making Christmas Eve night fun for his kid but then becomes Santa Claus and thinks he has gone insane.
3. A Christmas Story – I didn’t grow up watching this movie but the humorous narrating by the main character is unique and entertaining. The part where he dreams about going blind from soap poisoning after being punished gets me every time.
4. Home Alone 1 – This one really makes me nostalgic. My grandma loves it and she would watch it with me. Who could ever forget Mckully Culkin’s famous scream?
5. Christmas with the Kranks – I know this one is new but I really, really enjoy it.
6. A Nightmare Before Christmas – What can I say? It’s now a classic. You’ve got Halloween, you’ve got Christmas. I wish I could access all the holidays through doors like that at any time I want.
7. How the Grinch Stole Christmas with Jim Carrey – Jim Carrey is……a legend. He plays the Grinch to perfection. “Oh bleeding hearts of the world UNITE!”
8. How the Grinch Stole Christmas by Dr. Seuss – The 1966 animation that we all remember and love.
9. Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, 1964 – This movie has a lot of random plots which I personally find amusing. Take for example the elf that is treated horribly by the other elves and dreams of becoming a dentist <lol> of all things. I ❤ Bumble!
Then of course there is Elf, Babes in Toyland, Gramma Got Run Over by a Reindeer, and all of the older movies. They are ok, just not priorities for me. What’s on your holiday movie list?